The devastation to homes and businesses caused by defects in construction can be financially crippling.
Luckily, homeowners and business insurance usually cover property damage losses caused by commercial construction defects.
However, making an insurance claim for property damage after a defect has led to damage can be both time-consuming and confusing.
Further, insurance companies and their adjusters are highly-trained in making sure the insurer pays the absolute minimum on these claims.
Naturally, disputes between business owners and insurance companies are common with construction defect damage claims. The following are some issues encountered by business owners when dealing with their insurance companies during a construction defect claim:
- Denial of the claim for an uncovered event
- Undervaluing claimed losses
- Partially denying claims that should be fully covered
- Delaying by asking for additional unnecessary paperwork or evidence
- Not returning calls or emails
- Requiring the business owner to jump through unnecessary hoops to stall the claims process
- Offering settlements contingent on signing a “full” release when there should be supplemental payments
How We Help You File Commercial Construction Claims
The attorneys at Nonni Homola are experienced in handling commercial construction damage claims against insurance companies when businesses are affected by faulty construction practices in Tallahassee, FL.
We will work with you to make sure that you are financially compensated for time lost and, in the event that injury occurred due to faulty construction practices, we will help you hold those who are responsibly liable for their share of reimbursement.
Natural Disaster Claim Legal Process
- Contact us immediately: call, email, fill out a contact form or visit us
- Tell us about your damaged property and the surrounding circumstances
- Schedule a free, in-person consultation
- Give us time to build the case: collect evidence, interview witnesses, review police reports
- Partner with us to bring justice to your situation
If You Experience Damage from a Commercial Construction Defect…
Document everything! Once you are out of harm’s way take pictures of all the damaged or affected areas of your property. Call us right away, so we can begin your free consultation and start filing a claim.
The insurance claim process can be long and painful, so the sooner you start that process, the better.
If you find that your insurance company is delaying or denying your commercial construction defect claim, call the attorneys at Nonni Homola at 850-601-1111 and they will fight the insurance company for you.